Copper Roofing – St. Louis, MO
With the help of Duration Construction, you can give your home stunning curb appeal and added value with a shiny copper roof.
A copper roof installed by Duration Construction offers your home the strength and durability it needs to withstand harsh St. Louis weather. Copper roofing materials add beauty and character to St. Louis homes of all styles and sizes.
Is Copper Roofing Right For Your St. Louis Home?
Copper roofing has been gaining popularity in St. Louis and all across the nation for several reasons. Copper is durable, it is resistant to corrosion, it is flexible, and it has an appearance of prestige. Its flexibility allows us to form it into complex shapes and create unique designs for your roof.
Like clay roofs, copper roofs are likely to outlast the life of the house they cover. It’s resistance to corrosion and natural protective coating allows it to last, exposed to the elements, for hundreds of years. The roof truss and supports are likely to fail long before the copper roofing material ever will.
Copper Roof Discoloration
A significant appeal of copper roofing is the slow evolution of different colors. This is a natural process that occurs over time as the metal oxidizes. Copper roofing will start as a bright metallic orange then turn to brown. It will go through various shades of brown before stopping at a rustic green color.
Some homeowners in St. Louis prefer to achieve the distinguished look of copper by using accent pieces. Duration Construction can assist you in deciding if you want the entire roof covered or just certain areas to stand out, such as over a bay or bow window or awning. It also looks impressive, covering only the entryway into your St. Louis home or on the arches. We can assist you in designing the perfect copper roof accent to complement the exterior of your St. Louis home.
Installation of Copper Roofing
Copper roofing materials typically come in sheets, which are very light in comparison to tiles and slate. As a result, there is no need to be concerned about adding extra support to the roof truss. Because of its malleability, we will be able to conform to any variations in pitch on your roof efficiently. Once completed, your home will exude an elegant warmth while being completely protected from the elements.
Frequently Asked Questions About Copper Roofing
Our roofing experts have spoken with dozens of homeowners about copper roofing solutions. Some of the questions we are commonly asked are:
- Is copper roofing available in different colors? There are some variations in color depending on the product chosen for your copper roof but expect that to change over time.
- What benefits does copper roofing have over other roofing materials? There are a number of reasons why Duration Construction recommends copper roofing for St. Louis homes. It is maintenance-free, yet lasts for decades. Not to mention the beauty that comes with a copper roof and the flexibility to form it into three-dimensional shapes for an added curb appeal.
- Will a copper roof add value to my St. Louis home? A home appraiser will take into consideration the aesthetic appeal and durability of a copper roof when valuing your St. Louis home. It is also a good selling point in a listed home if you do decide to put your home on the market in the future.
- Is a copper roof environmentally friendly? Copper is a coveted metal and utterly recyclable once it has served its purpose. Many copper roofing material retailers manufacture their products using recycled copper materials. This coupled with its longevity, makes it one of the most environmentally friendly roofing options available.
- Should I clean my copper roof? Before copper finishes its oxidation process and turns green, it can be cleaned using a neutral detergent. This is not recommended, but if necessary, you should have Duration Construction out to your home to assist you. Copper is malleable, and unnecessary handling may cause it to change shape.
- I like the rustic orange of copper, is there a way to stop it from changing color? There are sealants that can help in delaying the progression of copper to patina.
- Will a copper roof stand up to heavy winds? Yes, we very meticulous when it comes to the installation of a copper roof and will ensure that it is able to stand up to wind, even though it is a light roofing material.
St. Louis Copper Roofing
Our master craftsmen fabricate the finest copper standing seam roofs, copper cupolas, copper bay window roofs, copper flat seam roof, and custom ornamental copper details. We will recreate any type of existing copper detail that you need to complete everything from simple projects to historically accurate restoration projects.
With the right design and precise installation, a copper roof is an economical and long term roofing solution. With the expertise of Duration Construction roofing contractors, you can top off your home with this classic look, and enjoy its protection for decades.
Call Duration Construction
We guarantee that our work meets the highest standards and that it will be done to your satisfaction. If something isn’t right, WE WILL MAKE IT RIGHT!