Add longevity, efficiency, and curb appeal to your Missouri home by choosing a Spanish tile for your roof!
More and more, we are seeing Missouri homeowners shying away from traditional roofing products like asphalt shingles, giving their house pop of curb appeal with versatile Spanish tiles. This “S” shaped clay roofing tile comes in a number of different shades and colors and gives the roof a unique multi-dimensional look. Yet, despite the upgraded appeal to your home, installing Spanish roofing tiles on your home is just as easy as shingles or shakes for an experienced Missouri Roofer.
One of the oldest roofing materials on the planet, there is evidence of Spanish clay tiles being used to cover simple abodes dating back to 10,000 BC. From ancient Egypt to Europe and then North America, houses have crumbled to the ground while the Spanish tiles stayed intact. With a minimal amount of maintenance, a Spanish tile roof can last well into the next century.
Advantages of a Spanish Tile Clay Roof for Your Missouri Home
By far, the biggest advantage to Spanish tile clay roofing products is the aesthetic appeal. Homes that are covered with this roofing product pop out, rejuvenated by the timeless look associated with peaceful countryside settings. Other advantages include:
- Longevity – A properly installed Spanish tile roof will likely out-live your house. It is immune to rot, not susceptible to mold damage, and can withstand gale force winds
- Versatility – There are multitudes of shapes, sizes, and colors to choose from, allowing you to create a totally unique look for your home
- Efficiency – It’s reflective properties increase the efficiency of your home heating and cooling systems
Of course, this type of quality roofing product will have a drawback or two that you should be aware of:
- Weight – Clay tiles weigh more than your traditional roofing materials. However, this is an issue that is easily resolved by professionally reinforcing the roof base
- Cost – The initial cost is going to be higher than what you find with other roofing products, but when you factor in less maintenance and repair, plus the increase in value to your Missouri home, it may be well worth the investment
Installing Spanish Clay Tiles onto Your Missouri Home
Despite the weight and seemingly awkward shape, there is not much more to installing Spanish roofing tiles to typical roofing products when you choose Duration Construction. The only major difference is in reinforcing the structure of the roof to ensure that it can handle the weight. Once that has been accomplished, it is just a matter of getting up there and getting the tiles in place.
You can even choose to have your tiles on the roof laid to create a decorative pattern. Using varying shades and colors, your home’s roof becomes a statement of your personal style. No more cookie cutter home in a Missouri sub-division, your house now stands out as being unique.
St. Louis Spanish Tile Clay Roofing
Call Duration Construction today at (314) 238-1357 to discuss whether a Spanish tile roof would be right for your Missouri home!