Steel Roofing – Standing Seam Metal Roof – St. Louis, MO
Highly durable and long-lasting, there is good reason why steel is the metal of choice for standing seam metal roofs.
For years only St. Louis commercial buildings were benefiting from standing seam steel roofs, but now they have become a viable and affordable option for homeowners as well. Duration Construction is committed to providing all of our St. Louis customers with premium roofing products, and standing seam steel is a fantastic choice.
Why Choose a Standing Seam Steel Roof?
It used to be that your only option in home roofing materials was asphalt shingles or expensive tiles. With innovations in design patterns, standing seam steel roofing now gives the St. Louis homeowner an economically priced solution that mimics the look of premium roofing products.
Although slightly more expensive then asphalt shingles, St. Louis homeowners find that this higher cost of standing seam steel roofing pays off in the end both in its durability and longevity. This is not your standard metal roof, but a carefully constructed steel roofing system that provides an excellent protection for the home, with a high-quality look.
Why Standing Seam Steel Roofing is More Than a Metal Roof
Standard metal roofing products are typically flat panels or shingles lying flush on the roof decking. With a standing seam roof, the panels run from the ridge to the eaves with the seam raised above the level of the steel roofing material. They are fastened together at this seam but concealed in order to give a streamlined appearance to the roof.
Why is the placement of the seam so important?
Seams are the Achilles heel of all roofing materials as a possible entry point for water and moisture. Being raised above the roof surface, and concealed, your home is afforded more protection from potential leaks. Plus, since one panel is running the length of the entire roof, there are fewer seams to be concerned with.
Steel is highly durable and long-lasting making it the metal of choice for standing seam metal roofs. This is a high-quality metal that will not dent easily or bend under pressure. It is also paintable, giving the St. Louis homeowner an endless number of options in colors to complement the home’s façade.
While you may associate steel roofing with industrial buildings or modern homes, Duration Construction has installed standing seam steel roofing on homes of all styles, including high-end country-style houses. This type of roofing material provides smooth, straight lines on the roof, preserving the look of older homes while giving them a modern flair.
Installing Standing Seam Steel Roofs
Before making a final decision on any roofing product, Duration Construction will need to send their roofing experts out to your home to inspect your existing roof and make a recommendation on what your best options are. Standing seam steel roofs are ideal for most St. Louis homes, except for those with a low pitch. If your home has a flatter roof design, we may need to discuss different choices for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions about Standing Seam Steel Roofing
Whenever a homeowner is making a decision as big a new roof, they have many questions and concerns regarding the available products and installation procedures.
- What benefits will I get from a standing seam roof? Standing seam steel roofs are durable, long-lasting roofing solutions that are seen on almost half of all new low-rise commercial buildings erected in the last decade. Homeowners benefit from its lightweight design, and easy installation. In some cases, Duration Construction won’t even need to remove the old asphalt shingles before installing the standing seam roof.
- What type of maintenance does it require? There is virtually no maintenance needed for a standing seam steel roof beyond basic cleaning with a power washer.
- Will my home remain energy efficient? Yes. In some cases, Duration Construction will use blankets of fiberglass to provide additional insulation and prevent heat transfer at the roof surface.
- Won’t the steel rust? With a metallic coating of zinc or aluminum, the steel used in standing seam roofing materials will be able to resist rust and corrosion. Additional protection comes from the paint used to cover the metal and compliment your home.
- Are standing beam steel roofing products environmentally friendly? Yes. Steel products are recycled in the United States at a rate of over 80%.
St. Louis Steel Roofing
Duration Construction roofing contractors of St. Louis are on hand to assist you with any type of roofing need you have. With our expertise, a standing seam steel roof will give your home a stylish look and decades of protection. Call us today and see if this is the right roofing solution for your St. Louis home.
Call Duration Construction
We guarantee that our work meets the highest standards and that it will be done to your satisfaction. If something isn’t right, WE WILL MAKE IT RIGHT!