Slate is a long lasting roofing solution that exudes elegance like no other roofing material can.
If you are needing to replace your roof or if you need a roof installed on a brand new house, Duration Construction can help you determine what type of roof is best for your home.
There are a wide range of materials available to pick from. Because there are so many types, the decision can seem overwhelming. However, by determining your needs, budget and style, you can settle on one quite easily.
One premium option that stands above many is slate roofing. Slate is a long lasting roofing solution that exudes elegance like no other can. If you are looking for a stylish way to provide protection for your home, you can’t beat slate roofing.
Slate Roofing on Your Home
You have no doubt heard of slate, you know what it looks like but you may not know that much about it. If that is the case, here are some facts about slate roofs that may help you make a better decision:
- Slate is a fine-grained, metamorphic rock that is created by the alteration of shale or mudstone. It can contain a number of minerals including quartz, pyrite, hematite and others.
- Slate comes in a variety of colors. Although gray is the most commonly know, slate comes in green, grey, red, black, and purple.
- Slate is popular for a number of uses, including roofing, flagging and flooring, primarily because of its appearance and durability.
- Slate adds value and prestige to a home because it is long-lasting (typically 80 to 150 years), unique and provides optimal protection from the elements.
- Natural slate is a heavy material. In some cases we may need to add more support to a home’s roof frame in order to support the extra weight. However, we do have lighter weight options using natural slate. Please contact us for more information on this topic.
- Synthetic slate is a more economical option. It has a similar look but is a fraction of the weight and cost.
At Duration Construction we are experts at installing slate roofing on homes of any size. Unique and long lasting, slate roofing has what it takes to protect your home from torrential rains and Missouri snow storms. With our commitment to precision installation, a slate roof on your home will stand the test of time.
Contact St. Louis Slate Roofing Experts
The classic look of a slate roof will give your home a unique aesthetic appeal for decades. Call Duration Construction today at (314) 238-1357 or fill out our online contact form, to find out more about how a slate roof will give you the best possible protection and a high class look that cannot be matched.